NATURAL HAIR SALONS

HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH-NATURAL HAIR-HAIR LOSS PROBLEMS

SUGGEST TIPS ON HAIR GROWTH

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hair growth is important for those that want to achieve longer hair. I think any hair length is beautiful as long as you keep your hair healthy inside as well as outside. I feel keeping your hair healthy goes along with keeping your body as healthy as well. The mind ,body, and soul are important elements to good health. To have hair growth it must start from the scalp....a healthy scalp leads to healthy hair...
Regular henna treatments and lots of moisture have aided me with length retention this go-round. Drinking lots of water, eating protein, fruits and veggies give hair the nutrients it needs to survive.
On my blog Nappturology 101, I continuously stress that you don't really have to do anything to get your hair to grow cause that's what it does. Most folks don't have problems growing hair, unless they've got some medical condition that inhibits growth, have somehow damaged their scalp and follicles or are taking certain medications.

So then what's the secret to getting long, strong healthy hair? It's about length retention. Your hair can grow all day long, but if you don't take care of your ends, which is the oldest part of your hair shaft, you'll never see longer lengths.

For me, someone with very tightly coiled, natural hair, I learned that my hair is inherently very dry and therefore craves moisture all the time. Its twisty, tangly nature means it breaks easily if not handled with care ALL THE TIME. So I do my best to keep a good moisture balance, and I wear my hair in protective styles consisting primarily of flat twists and two-strand twists most of the time. I rarely wear my hair “out” like in puffs or such because it causes unrelenting tangles, snarls and knots that have to be painstakingly undone by hand. In addition, I never comb my hair, and I rarely brush. I take care to not use accessories that might cut or break my hair off.

If you think I baby my hair, you’d be right. But the end rewards have been totally worth it. My hair is longer, thicker and healther than it's ever been in my entire life!

RSS

LEAVE-IN TREATMENT

HAIR & SCALP BOOSTER

NATURAL HAIR MAGNET

© 2024   Created by STEPHANIE SUTHERS.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service